What is a wall-mounted heat pump?
Also called a ductless heat pump or split-system heat pump, a wall-mounted heat pump combines an indoor unit and an outdoor unit (condenser), connected by refrigerant lines and electrical wiring. The indoor unit (evaporator) is wall-mounted and delivers cooled and/or heated air directly into your home, without the need for ductwork (unlike a central heat pump system). Most heat pump models also have a dehumidifier function.
There are two types of wall-mounted heat pumps:
- Single-zone wall-mounted heat pump: The wall-mounted heat pump can be installed so that an indoor unit is connected to an outdoor compressor. The compressor brings refrigerant and power to the indoor unit via a small pipe, through a small opening, installed with very little impact on your home.
- Multi-zone wall-mounted heat pump: If you have multiple floors in your home, this may be a good choice for you. A multi-zone wall-mounted heat pump consists of an outdoor compressor that can power up to five indoor units, each controlled separately by a wireless remote. You can even choose to add units to your compressor in the future after installing only two indoor units (depending on the maximum number of connectable units).
What are the advantages of a wall-mounted heat pump?
- Quieter indoor and outdoor units
- Year-round comfort
- Better energy efficiency
- Improved humidity control
- Savings on your electricity bills
- 10 to 15 year life span (with regular maintenance and cleaning)
- Sales and advice: Our experienced team is here to help you choose the best HVAC option for your home. We can also provide you with information on grants and financial assistance, as well as installation and warranties.
- Installation: Our team of experienced technicians will perform the installation, following strict industry standards. They will leave their work area spotless, inspect your unit to ensure that everything is working properly and answer any questions you may have.
- Maintenance and cleaning: Regular maintenance will not only prevent more serious problems with your ductless heat pump, but will also improve the performance and life of your system.
- Repair: Our technicians are specially trained to repair all models and types of Carrier ductless systems. A technician will come to your location and quickly diagnose what needs to be done and perform a quick, durable and professional repair. We also offer a 24 / 7 emergency repair service.
If you have any questions about wall-mounted heat pumps, our services, our prices or if you would like to obtain a quote, do not hesitate to contact us. Our experienced team will be happy to provide you with all the information you need.