How does an heat pump work?
A heat pump is a system that transfers heat from one place to another. When the heating mode is activated, the heat pump moves air through the evaporation and condensation of a refrigerant, which a compressor circulates through pipes. Then, the refrigerant is evaporated at low pressure in one of the tubes. This last action allows it to absorb heat from the surrounding air.
After, the refrigerant is pumped to another pipe where it condenses at high pressure and releases the heat captured at the beginning of the cycle. In air conditioning mode, the process is reversed. The heat contained in the air inside your home is expelled to the outside.
What types of heat pumps are available on the market?
- Wall-mounted heat pump: Also called a split-system heat pump, the wall-mounted heat pump provides comfort and peace of mind. It does not require additional ductwork in your home and the condenser is quiet. Preventive maintenance can extend the life of your wall-mounted heat pump for up to 15 years.
- Central heat pump : If your home already has a ventilation system and wall ducts, you can install a central heat pump more easily. In addition, if you install a central heat pump in your home, you will realize energy savings of 15% to 20% per year.
What are the benefits of an heat pump?
Buying a heat pump is a wise choice, both in terms of cost and energy efficiency. Here are the main benefits of owning a heat pump:
- Cooling and heating function: The heat pump can cool and dehumidify your home during the summer. It can also be combined with an existing heating system to ensure optimal heating during the coldest periods of winter.
- Energy efficiency: The heat pump also consumes less energy than a standard furnace, since it does not produce heat. That’s why it consumes less energy.
- Cost: The price of a heat pump may seem high at the time of purchase, but with the energy savings you’ll realize, you’ll get a return on your investment within a few years. In addition, the installation of a heat pump increases the value of your home.
Why choose Tran Climatisation for your heat pump on Montreal’s South Shore?
- Sale and Advice : Our experienced team is there to help choose the best HVAC option for your home. We can also provide you with information about subsidies and financial assistance, as well as installation and warranties.
- Installation: Our team of experienced technicians will proceed with the installation, by following strict standards from Carrier. He will leave his working area spotless, will inspect your unit to make sure everything works properly and will answer all your questions.
- Maintenance : Regular maintenance will not only prevent bigger issues on your ductless split system, it will also improve your system’s performance and lifespan.
- Repair : Our technicians are specially trained to repair all models and types of Carrier ductless systems. A technician will come on site and make a quick diagnosis on the actions to be taken and will perform a fast, durable and professional repair. We also provide you with an emergency repair service 24 / 7.
Our team can go on location anywhere on Montreal’s South Shore to install and repair your heat pump:
- La Prairie
- Otterburn Park
Do you have any questions about heat pumps, our prices, our services or would you like to request a free quote? Contact us today! The Tran Climatisation team will be happy to give you all the information you need.