What is a heat pump?
In most cases, a heat pump consists of an indoor unit (evaporator) and an outdoor unit (compressor or condenser) connected by refrigerant lines and electrical wiring.
During the cooling cycle, the evaporator captures warm, moist air from the house. The heat pump then displaces heat by evaporating and condensing a refrigerant, which a compressor circulates between two coils. The refrigerant is then evaporated at low pressure, allowing it to absorb heat from the air. It is then pumped to another coil, where it condenses at high pressure and releases the heat and moisture to the outside. For the heating cycle, the wall-mounted heat pump’s cycle is reversed. Since the outside air still contains heat particles, the heat pump can easily heat your home in cold weather. At -18°C, the air contains up to 80% of the heat it does at 21°C.
What types of heat pumps are available on the market?
- Wall-mounted heat pump: The wall-mounted heat pump is probably the most popular. It is easy to install and is ideal for bungalows, apartments and condos.
- Central heat pump: If you have a central ventilation system in your home, the central heat pump is a wise choice for you. Although more expensive than a wall-mounted heat pump, a central heat pump provides better cooling and heating distribution.
- Split-system heat pump (ductless heat pump): The split-system heat pump is similar to the wall-mounted heat pump. It consists of an outdoor unit (condenser or compressor) and an indoor unit (evaporator) connected by electrical wiring and refrigerant lines.
- Multi-zone heat pump: The multi-zone heat pump is a wall-mounted heat pump that has several evaporators connected to a single condenser. It is effective for all multi-story buildings.
What are the advantages of a heat pump?
- Quieter indoor and outdoor units
- Year-round comfort
- Better energy efficiency
- Improved humidity control
- Lifespan between 10 and 15 years (with regular maintenance and cleaning)
- Sales and advice: Our experienced team is here to help you choose the best HVAC option for your home. We can also provide you with information on subsidies and financial assistance, as well as installation and warranties.
- Installation: Our team of experienced technicians will perform the installation, following Carrier’s strict standards. They will leave their work area spotless, inspect your unit to ensure that everything is working properly and answer any questions you may have.
- Maintenance and cleaning: Regular maintenance and cleaning will not only prevent more serious problems with your heat pump, but will also improve the performance and life of your system.
- Repair: Our technicians are specially trained to repair all models and types of heat pumps. A technician will come to your location and make a quick diagnosis on what needs to be done and will perform a quick, durable and professional repair. We also offer a 24 / 7 emergency repair service.
We can go everywhere on Montreal’s North Shore, Lanaudière and the Laurentians for the installation, cleaning, maintenance and repair of your heat pump.
If you have any questions about our brands of heat pumps available in store, our services, our prices or if you would like to obtain a quote, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our experienced team will be happy to provide you with all the information you need.