What is a ductless system?
A HVAC ductless system can come in the form of a heat pump, an air conditioner, a mini-split system, and is basically like the Swiss knife of the HVAC systems. Most ductless systems can provide heat, cool, ventilation and can even regulate your humidity levels.
Generally, a ductless system combines an indoor unit (evaporator) and an outdoor unit (compressor) that are connected by electrical wiring and refrigerant tubing. The indoor unit is often wall-mounted, and shoots cooled air directly into the living space, with no ductwork required. Because there are many types of Carrier indoor units available, and because their installation only requires a hole in the wall for the refrigerant line and the wiring, ductless HVAC units are among the most versatile and easiest systems to install.
The two most popular types of Carrier ductless systems are :
- Single-zone ductless system : Ductless air conditioners and ductless heat pumps can be installed so that one indoor unit corresponds to one outdoor compressor. The compressor brings the refrigerant and power to the interior unit via a small pipe, running through a small opening, installed with very little impact to your house.
- Multizone ductless system: If you have multiple storeys on your home, this can be a good choice for you. A multizone ductless system consists of one outdoor compressor that can power up to five indoor units, each separately controlled by a wireless remote control. You can even choose to add units to your compressor in the future after you’ve installed just two indoor units (depending on the maximum number of connectable units).
What are the benefits of getting a Carrier ductless system?
Carrier is, so to speak, the inventor of the air conditioner as we know it. Since its founding in 1902, Carrier has always stood out by the superior quality of its products, whether it is air conditioners, heat pumps, heating or ventilation systems. By purchasing a Carrier ductless system, be assured that you will have it for many years (with proper maintenance, its lifespan averages 10 to 15 years.)
Also, most Carrier ductless air conditioners and heat pumps have the Inverter technology. This means that your Carrier air conditioner provides precise temperature control, while only using the energy it needs at any given time. The inverter compressor automatically adjusts its speed to match your indoor comfort needs. As the conditions are changing the inverter compressor will continue to adjust up and down to deliver the best combination of energy savings and comfort.
Here are some other advantages of buying a Carrier ductless system:
- More affordable than a standard HVAC system
- Easy installation
- Quieter indoor and outdoor unit
- Regulate humidity levels
- Better energy-efficient performance
Finally, as Tran Climatisation is a proud authorized dealer of all Carrier ductless systems, our team has extensive knowledge of Carrier equipment and products and will be able to advise you on the right Carrier HVAC for your needs and budget.
- Sale and Advice : Our experienced team is there to help choose the best HVAC option for your home. We can also provide you with information about subsidies and financial assistance, as well as installation and warranties.
- Installation: Our team of experienced technicians will proceed with the installation, by following strict standards from Carrier. He will leave his working area spotless, will inspect your unit to make sure everything works properly and will answer all your questions.
- Maintenance : Regular maintenance will not only prevent bigger issues on your ductless system, it will also improve your system’s performance and lifespan.
- Repair : Our technicians are specially trained to repair all models and types of Carrier ductless systems. A technician will come on site and make a quick diagnosis on the actions to be taken and will perform a fast, durable and professional repair. We also provide you with an emergency repair service 24 / 7.
Our team can go on location anywhere on Montreal’s South Shore to install and repair your Carrier ductless systems:
- La Prairie
- Otterburn Park
If you have any questions about the Carrier ductless systems, our services, our prices or if you wish to have a quote, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our experienced team will be happy to provide you with all the information you need.