What are the signs that my Carrier ductless split system needs repair?
If you suspect that your Carrier ductless split system doesn’t work as well as it should be, don’t wait. If not addressed quickly, a small problem can lead to more expensive repairs, and perhaps even a complete replacement of your system.
Here are some things to watch out for:
- Unresponsive ductless split system controls: If your system fails to respond when you turn it on or off, or when using the controls, it may be an electrical issue or the reversing valve may need replacement.
- Unusual high energy bills: The average lifespan for a Carrier ductless split system is from 10 to 15 years. Like most HVAC systems, Carrier split systems tend to lose efficiency with time. If your Carrier ductless split unit is recent, high energy consumption could signal problems such as grungy equipment, clogged air filter, short cycling and failing parts. If you notice a dramatic increase on your energy bills, call Tran Climatisation for an inspection.
- Reduction in ductless split system cooling output: If you notice a lack of cool air, it can indicate a refrigerant leak. Once all the refrigerant has drained out of your ductless split system, the air handler will simply works as a fan. If this is indeed the problem, refrigerant will leak out slowly over time, gradually reducing your HVAC cooling capacity.
- Grinding noise coming from your indoor unit (evaporator): If you hear grinding noises coming from your indoor unit, it generally means that the oiled bearing used to reduce motor friction has started to wear down. Don’t ignore that sound; it can result in the air handler motor overheating and burning out.
- Ice forming on your outdoor unit’s cooling coils : Reduced air flow can cause the coils to freeze over. This could be caused by a clogged air filter, a malfunctioning thermostat, a broken fan, a refrigerant leak or a dirty coil. Once again, if you see ice building up, don’t ignore it. The ice’s weight can warp the cooling coil and may require a complete coil replacement.
Why choose Tran Climatisation for your Carrier ductless split system?
Since 2008, Tran Climatisation has become one of the best specialists in Carrier ductless split systems in Montreal. As we are a Carrier authorized dealer, we have an extensive knowledge of Carrier systems and models. Our technicians receive new training regularly, so that they can perform any kind of repair on every Carrier ductless split and mini split systems.
As they are accredited by CMMTQ (Corporation des maîtres-mécaniciens en tuyauterie du Québec), Tran Climatisation stands out from the competition by having some of the most experienced and professional technicians that can realize any repair, regardless of its complexity.
- High-quality work : Be assured that each Tran Climatisation technician has all the necessary qualifications and expertise to accomplish all kinds of repairs in a professional, precise and fast way. We ensure that each technician is formed according to the highest standards of HVAC industry.
- Repairs on all Carrier models on the market : Even if you have bought your Carrier ductless split system, we can repair it. All our technicians are trained by Carrier HVAC manufacturers in order to perform any kind of repair on all Carrier HVAC models available on the market.
- Impeccable work site: Many contractors have the bad habit of letting their workplace in disrepair. At Tran Climatisation, our technicians ensure to leave their workplace spotless, without leaving any equipment or debris behind.
- Emergency repair service 24/7 : If you find yourself facing an unexpected issue outside of our opening hours, you can call upon our 24-hour emergency repair service. We will immediately send a technician to your home in order to quickly resolve your problem.
Our team can go on location anywhere in the Montreal area to repair your Carrier HVAC:
- North Montreal
If you have any questions about the Carrier ductless split system repair services, our other services, our prices or if you wish to have a quote, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our experienced team will be happy to provide you with all the information you need.