What are the signs that my Carrier air conditioner needs repair?
If you think your air conditioner isn’t working as well as it should, don’t delay. A small problem that isn’t fixed quickly can lead to more costly repairs and possibly even a complete replacement of the air conditioning unit.
- Air comes out hot: If your evaporator or vents are blowing hot air, check your thermostat first. Make sure it’s on cooling mode and set it lower than the current temperature of your home. If your vents and evaporator are still blowing hot air, a compressor problem or restricted airflow may be the problem.
- Reduced or insufficient airflow: Poor airflow can also be a sign that your air conditioner isn’t operating at peak performance and that a blockage is preventing air from flowing properly. It could be a clogged filter, a motor problem, or another problem that needs to be evaluated by an air conditioning professional.
- Frequent cycling: Your air conditioner needs to be cycled regularly, regardless of the weather. While your cooling system may come on more frequently on warmer days, it should not turn on and off quickly and constantly. If you notice more frequent cycling, contact a professional right away. A simple tune-up may solve the problem.
- High humidity: Normally, your air conditioner should regulate the humidity level automatically. During the summer, your humidity level should not exceed 55%. If your air conditioner is struggling to maintain an acceptable humidity level, you may want to call in a professional to find the problem.
- Your air conditioner is leaking: Your air conditioner uses refrigerant (Freon, in most cases) to cool your home. This refrigerant can produce condensation when your air conditioner is running. However, water should not accumulate or seep into your home. If water is pooling or dripping on your floor, it is a sign that your cooling system is not working properly. This is a problem that should not be overlooked; a refrigerant leak can cause major damage to your air conditioner.
- Bad odors: If you detect bad odors coming from your air conditioning system, you need to fix the problem right away. By inspecting your air conditioner, a technician will be able to see the problem. UV germicidal lamps are also very effective in stopping the growth of mold and microbes (often responsible for bad odors). A thorough cleaning of the ducts and your indoor and outdoor units can also solve your odor problem.
- Unusual noises: Most air conditioner models are quiet when they start up or operate. However, loud noises such as grinding, popping or buzzing can indicate a problem, such as a loose or defective part. This type of problem rarely goes away on its own; an air conditioning professional will be able to see what the problem is.
- Your electric bill is higher than usual: Notice an increase in your energy bill even though you haven’t changed your cooling habits? This could mean that your air conditioner has to compensate and work harder to do its job properly. This usually means that your air conditioner is broken.
- Frost forms on the outdoor unit: If you notice frost and ice on your ducts and outdoor unit, it’s likely that your refrigerant is leaking. Only a professional refrigeration technician will be able to find the leak, seal it, repair it and recharge the fluid according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
Can you repair all types and models of Carrier air conditioners?
Our technicians are trained to perform all types of repairs on most models of Carrier air conditioners.
Why choose Tran Climatisation to repair your Carrier air conditioner?
Since 2008, Tran Climatisation has become one of the best Carrier air conditioner repair specialists in Laval. As an authorized Carrier dealer, we have an in-depth knowledge of all Carrier air conditioner models. Our technicians regularly receive new training, so they can perform all types of repairs on all models of Carrier air conditioning systems.
- Quality Workmanship: You can be assured that every Tran Air Conditioning technician has all the qualifications and expertise necessary to perform all types of repairs in a professional, accurate and timely manner. We ensure that each technician is trained to the highest industry standards.
- Repair of all Carrier air conditioning models: Even if you bought your Carrier air conditioner elsewhere, we can repair it. All of our technicians are trained by the manufacturers to perform any type of repair on most Carrier air conditioning models on the market.
- Impeccable work site: Many contractors have a bad habit of leaving their work site in bad shape. At Tran Air Conditioning, our technicians make sure to leave their work site spotless, without leaving any material or debris.
- 24/7 Emergency Repair Service: If you find yourself facing an unexpected problem outside of our business hours, you can call on our 24-hour emergency repair service. We will immediately send a technician to your home to quickly resolve your problem.
If you have any questions about Carrier air conditioning repair service, our pricing, or if you would like a quote, please contact us. Our experienced team will be happy to provide you with all the information you need.