How does an air conditioner work?
The air conditioner extracts heat from the ambient air and transfers it to the outside. The split air conditioner is composed of an indoor unit, an evaporator and an outdoor unit, a condenser, which are connected by a refrigerant duct.
What are the benefits of an air conditioner?
Montreal’s South Shore summer weather can become unbearable, not because of the heat, but because of the humidity. If you equip your home with an air conditioner, you will contribute to the reduction of humidity in your home and the well-being of its occupants.
Properly calibrated and installed by a qualified Tran Climatisation technician, your air conditioner will allow you to enjoy the comfort of fresh, humidity-free air. In addition, an Energy Star rated air conditioner will provide you with increased energy efficiency and savings on your electricity bills. Here are the two main types of air conditioners on the market:
- Wall Mounted Air Conditioner: The wall mounted air conditioner (or “split” air conditioner) consists of an outdoor unit (condenser) and an indoor unit (evaporator or diffuser). The latter should be mounted on the top of a wall in the largest room. The condenser and evaporator should be installed close to each other. A wall-mounted air conditioner is quieter and less expensive to buy. Be sure to calculate the area to be cooled in order to determine the exact capacity of your air conditioner (BTU capacity).
- Central air conditioning: Central air conditioning is installed in your existing heating system. If you install an air conditioner, you will need to add wall ducts. However, you can add a dehumidifier for better humidity control.
Why choose Tran Climatisation for your air conditioner on Montreal’s South Shore?
- Sale and Advice : Our experienced team is there to help choose the best HVAC option for your home. We can also provide you with information about subsidies and financial assistance, as well as installation and warranties.
- Installation: Our team of experienced technicians will proceed with the installation, by following strict standards from Carrier. He will leave his working area spotless, will inspect your unit to make sure everything works properly and will answer all your questions.
- Maintenance : Regular maintenance will not only prevent bigger issues on your ductless split system, it will also improve your system’s performance and lifespan.
- Repair : Our technicians are specially trained to repair all models and types of Carrier ductless systems. A technician will come on site and make a quick diagnosis on the actions to be taken and will perform a fast, durable and professional repair. We also provide you with an emergency repair service 24 / 7.
Our team can go on location anywhere on Montreal’s South Shore to install and repair your Carrier HVAC:
- La Prairie
- Otterburn Park
Any questions ?
If you have any questions about air conditioning, our services, our prices, or if you would like to request a quote, do not hesitate to contact us. Our professional and qualified team will give you precious advice and will accompany you every step of the way