What is a ductless heat pump?
Also known as a mini-split heat pump, a ductless heat pump consists of an indoor unit and an outdoor unit (condenser), connected by refrigerant lines and electrical wiring. The indoor unit (evaporator) is usually wall-mounted in a central room and delivers cooled and/or heated air directly to the environment, without the need for ductwork (unlike a central heat pump system).
There are two types of ductless heat pumps:
- Single-zone ductless heat pump: Split heat pumps can be installed so that only one indoor unit is connected to an outdoor compressor. The compressor brings refrigerant and power to the indoor unit through a small pipe, passing through a small opening, easily installed on your home.
- Multi-zone split heat pump: If you have multiple floors in your home, this may be a good choice for you. A multi-zone heat pump consists of an outdoor compressor that can power up to five indoor units, each controlled separately by a wireless remote. You can even choose to add units to your compressor in the future after installing only two indoor units (depending on the maximum number of connectable units).
What are the advantages of a mini-split heat pump?
- More affordable than a central heat pump
- Easy to install
- Quieter indoor and outdoor units
- Year-round comfort
- Better energy efficiency
- Better humidity control
- Savings on your energy bill
- Lifespan of 10 to 15 years (with regular maintenance and cleaning)
- Sales and advice: Our experienced team is here to help you choose the best HVAC option for your home. We can also provide you with information on grants and financial aid, as well as installation and warranties.
- Installation: Our team of experienced technicians will perform the installation, following the strict standards of the air conditioning and heating industry. They will leave their work area spotless, inspect your unit to ensure that everything is working properly and answer any questions you may have.
- Maintenance and cleaning: Regular maintenance will not only prevent more serious problems with your split system heat pump, but will also improve the performance and life of your system.
- Repair: Our technicians are specially trained to repair all models and types of split-system heat pumps. A technician will come to your location and quickly diagnose what needs to be done and perform a quick, durable and professional repair. We also offer a 24 / 7 emergency repair service.
If you have any questions about ductless heat pumps, our services, our prices or if you would like a quote, please contact us. Our experienced team will be happy to provide you with all the information you need.