What is a central air conditioning unit?
A central air conditioning unit is a system in which air is cooled at a central location (compressor) and distributed to and from room by one or more fans and ductwork. An air conditioner compressor is what makes the whole process of air conditioning possible. The compression of the refrigerant gas enables it to discharge heat out of your home, which is how cool and dehumidified air is created.
There are two types of central air conditioners units:
- Split-system central air conditioner: This system gathers an outdoor metal cabinet that contains the condenser and compressor, and an indoor cabinet that contains the evaporator. In some split-system air conditioners, this indoor cabinet also contains a furnace or an air handler. The central air conditioner evaporator coil is installed in the cabinet or main supply duct of this furnace or heat pump. If your home already has a furnace, but no air conditioner, a central air conditioning split system is the most economical central air conditioner to install.
- Packaged central air conditioner : In this particular central air conditioning unit, the evaporator, condenser, and compressor are all located in one cabinet, which is generally placed on a roof or on a concrete slab next to the house’s foundation. Air supply and return ducts come from indoors through the home’s exterior wall or roof to connect with the packaged air conditioner, which is generally located outdoors. Packaged central air conditioners often include electric heating coils or a natural gas furnace. This combination of air conditioner and central heating system eliminates the need for a separate furnace indoors. This type of central AC unit is mostly used for larger buildings or businesses.
What are the benefits of getting a Carrier central air conditioning unit?
Carrier is, so to speak, the inventor of the air conditioner as we know it. Since its creation in 1902, Carrier has stood out by the superior quality of its HVAC products, whether it is air conditioners, heat pumps, heating systems or ventilation systems. When you decide to purchase in a Carrier central air conditioner, not only will you have it for many years (with proper maintenance, its lifespan averages 10 to 15 years.), but you will have the certainty that your central air conditioner unit will provide you with an outstanding performance.
Here are some other advantages of buying a Carrier central air conditioning unit::
- Regulate humidity levels
- Better energy-efficient performance
- Indoor comfort during warm weather
- Cleaner air
- Quieter operation
Finally, as Tran Climatisation is a proud authorized dealer of all Carrier air conditioners, our team has extensive knowledge of Carrier equipment and products and will be able to advise you on the right Carrier HVAC for your needs and budget.
- Sale and Advice : Our experienced team is there to help choose the best HVAC option for your home. We can also provide you with information about subsidies and financial assistance, as well as installation and warranties.
- Installation: Our team of experienced technicians will proceed with the installation, by following strict standards from Carrier. He will leave his working area spotless, will inspect your unit to make sure everything works properly and will answer all your questions.
- Maintenance : Regular maintenance will not only prevent bigger issues on your central air conditioner, it will also improve your system’s performance and lifespan.
- Repair : Our technicians are specially trained to repair all models and types of Carrier ductless systems. A technician will come on site and make a quick diagnosis on the actions to be taken and will perform a fast, durable and professional repair. We also provide you with an emergency repair service 24 / 7.
Our team can go on location anywhere in the Montreal area to install and repair your Carrier central air conditioning system:
- North Montreal
If you have any questions about the Carrier central air conditioning system, our services, our prices or if you wish to have a quote, don’t hesitate to contact us. Our experienced team will be happy to provide you with all the information you need.